I recently saw an article about the unexpected downsides to high intelligence, and it occurs to me that maybe the upsides don’t get enough attention, so here is a list of good things about being a smartypants.
- We have interesting things to talk about.
- We are able to figure out the solutions to problems quickly and easily.
- We are seldom bored because of the universe that exists in our minds
- People can understand what we’re saying because we write and speak (more or less) correctly.
- We often succeed at what we’re trying to do because we know how to do things. As a result, we are less frustrated.
- We do better in school with less effort.
- More people respect us.
- Many of us are hilarious.
- The art we create is more profound and meaningful.
- It takes us fewer words to convey more ideas.
- We have more ideas to convey.
I can add to this list if anyone gives me any more good ones that aren’t repeats of what I already listed. An intelligent person would have a less hard time thinking of them. :p